Academic mobility program at UMIT and combined scientific education with an extraordinary working & leisure environment!
ERASMUS–WESTERN BALKANS is a joint mobility program of top universities in the European Union and the Western Balkans with the goal to exchange students and staff in clinical and health sciences and thereby stimulating the development of the Western Balkan Countries.
Bachelor, Master, PhD and post-doc students as well as staff members from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia will receive research training in partner universities in Austria, Belgium, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands to allow for scientific development in their home universities.
The Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment at UMIT is proud to support this exchange scheme, offering the following Research Lines:
- Quantitative Methods in Public Health
- Part 1: Epidemiology
- Part 2: Biostatistics
- Part 3: Decision-analytic modeling
- Decision Science
- Health Technology Assessment and Health Economic Evaluations
- Personalized Medicine
- Ethics in Health Sciences
- Health Services & Outcomes Research
- Public Health Law
Detailed information: erasmus-westernbalkans.eu/
Call for Applications! - Call closed
UMIT is committed to providing excellent education for every ERAWEB participant, as it offers a variety of great research, teaching and learning possibilities among an outstanding working environment. The university itself is situated in the heart of Tyrol, an alpine region of Austria well known for its marvelous skiing and hiking opportunities. Further, the historic as well as lively provincial capital city – Innsbruck – is close by and caters for cultural interests, nightlife, shopping opportunities and other great leisure-time options.
Who is invited?
- Particularly 6th year medical students are addressed to take the chance to broaden their research experience in an international acknowledged team of top health sciences experts, researchers and scholars and come to Austria for a research visit, enjoying the excellent international scientific network of the Department.
- Master students could conduct part of their thesis research in collaboration with the high-qualified team of the Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and HTA. This will ensure a unique experience that enhances the scientific skills and opens up cultural and personal horizons for both parties.
- For doctoral students UMIT offers the opportunity of split visits within the ERAWEB exchange scheme.
Exchange students from ERAWEB can enroll for several programs at UMIT – either for a full master program in Health Sciences or a PhD program in Public Health or Health Technology Assessment. It is also possible to take only specific program modules (HTA, Health Economics, Decision-analytic Modeling, Epidemiology).
Deepen your education and gain ECTS points
Further, participants can register for classes from the outstanding HTADS continuing education program (www.umit.at/htads) which was designed to provide excellent quality education and comprehensive training in the key issues of Health Technology Assessment and Decision Sciences for anyone involved in the health sector.
- Winter School in Clinical Epidemiology (5 ECTS)
- Introduction to Health Technology Assessment (4 ECTS)
- Modeling Approaches in HTA: a Practical Hands-on Workshop (3 ECTS)
- Causal Inference in Observational Studies and Clinical Trials Affected by Treatment Switching: A Practical Hands-on Workshop (4 ECTS)
- Scientific Writing for the Life Sciences
ERAWEB-students can join the department’s internal seminars in Causal Inference in Epidemiology and Medical Decision Making, the Decision Modeling Research Week, a Meta-Analysis Workshop or the Outcomes Research & Evaluation of Personalized Medicine Workshop. Additionally, students can participate in ongoing international research projects at the department i.e. EU-funded research projects, HTAs for governmental institutions or projects for Oncotyrol – Center for Personalized Cancer Medicine.
All research at the Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and HTA is conducted in English. Teaching language in courses and programs is English and German. We also encourage students to enroll in a
German language course.
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the view of the author only and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
UMIT hosts five ERAWEB students 2016/17
At UMIT - Health and Life Sciences University, five junior scientists deepen their scientific education within the ERAWEB exchange scheme. The program stimulates the development of the Western Balkan countries by raising academic skills of students, researchers and teachers and focuses on research in medicine and health sciences. The Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and HTA is proud to support these efforts and forge international bonds.